Master of Revenge; Master – God of Noodles Recipe #1: 어면 (Flatfish noodles)
Translated from the website MyloveKBS: http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/archives/247359
Click the above link for step-by-step pictures and a really, really detailed video of a chef cooking it.
What? I like cooking too. And eating.
- Flatfish Bones (1 Fish)
- Flatfish Meat (100g)
- Radish (1/2)
- Ginger (3 not-that-thin slices)
- Onion (Half)
- Scallion (3 pieces)
- Refined clear rice wine
- White pepper
- Oyster Mushroom
Making the Broth:
- In 5 cups of cold water, add the bones, the ginger, 2 tbsp of clear wine, 4 pieces of radish, 1/2 an onion, 3 pieces of scallions and boil at high heat well.
- 20 minutes later, strain the broth. Add the kelp to the broth and boil for another 5 minutes.
Making the Noodles:
- Grind 100g of fish meat in the mixer. Chop it more if you must.
- In the ground fish meat, add 3 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of water, clear wine (looks like 2 tbsps from the video to me. This recipe is as vague as the drama), white pepper, 1 tsp salt and mix. (Control the amount of flour added. Eyeball the viscosity of the dough.)
- Transfer the mixture into a pastry bag (or something similar).
- Squeeze the paste directly into boiling broth.
- When the broth boils and the noodles come together, add the oyster mushroom, the chives and the spinach into the broth. Boil another 1 minute and 어면 full of protein is done.
Don’t ask me where the starch goes into. It wasn’t written. I think it goes into the dough though.