Master of Revenge; Master – God of Noodles Recipe #2: 잣 칼국수 (Pine nut Noodles)
Get the Korean instructions and pictures here: http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/archives/245953
- Flour 200g
- Pine nuts 200g
- Salt (some)
- To 3 cups of flour, add some salt as desired.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and mix/knead.
- Let it rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Flatten out with a rolling pin and cut the noodles in 5mm intervals.
Boiling the Noodles:
- In boiling water, add some salt.
- Add the cut noodles into the boiling water.
- Note that the foam may spill over.
- To prevent that, add cool water from time to time. It also makes the noodles chewy. (Personal experience tells me that a shot glass of cool water added at 2 different moments does the trick.)
- Around the 5 minute mark, remove the noodles.
Making the Pine Nut Broth:
- Toast 200g of pine nuts in a frying pan under weak heat. *If the heat is too strong, they’ll burn.
- Fry them until golden brown and some oil is released. (About 5 minutes)
- In a mixer with 400g of water, grind them.
- Put the finely ground mixture into a pot and bring to boil under weak heat.
- So that the bottom doesn’t scorch, stir periodically.
- About 5 minutes later, when the broth starts to foam (just a little), reduce the heat and add the cooked noodles in.
- After 1-2 minutes, transfer the entire thing into a bowl.
- Place the deliciously boiled noodles into a bowl.
- Add the pine nut broth.
- Once you add black sesame seeds and some pine seeds, the good looking, delicious 잣 칼국수 is done.