“What shall we eat for dinner?”
Lee SeoJin: “I like Japchae more.”
For SeoJinnie-hyung who’s hungry for birthdays, what dish will Eric prepare?
KyunSang: “Oowah! Japchae!”
It is… Japchae Rice! Even though it looks simple, it’s time to challenge making actually-difficult-to-make Japchae!
As usual, original website here.
잡채밥 (Japchae Rice):
- Glass Noodles
- Beef Slices
- Bell Pepper
- Chives (부추)
- Scallions (쪽파)
- Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Plum Extract
- Oyster Sauce
- Soak an apporpriate amount of glass noodles in water.
[E-cipe: If you pre-soak the noodles, they take lesser time to boil.]
2. After dividing the carrot into 3, slice them thinly.
3. Slice onion in uniform sizes too.
4. Slender chives too, cut them in 3 portions.
5. Even the bell peppers, if you slice them, the vegetables for Japchae are prepared!
6. To the meat in a plastic bag, add soy sauce, pepper, plum extract, oyster sauce and sesame oil please.
7. To remove the meat-smell(?), marinade with minced ginger.
8. To the beaten egg, season with salt.
9. To a fry pan, add oil and wait until it gets warm.
10. When the fry pan is warm and cooled (not too cold that it doesn’t cook anything), add the beaten egg.
[If you add beaten egg to a pre-heated pan, you can make Jidan that’s thin and won’t burn.]
11. Slice the egg thinly.
12. Add oil to a wok and heat.
13. When the water in the other pot boils, add the glass noodles to boil.
14. To the heated wok, add the onions and season with pepper and salt and fry at high heat.
15. Transfer the onions to a bowl.
16. Fry chives and scallions in a heated wok too and transfer.
17. Fry the bell peppers and the carrots too, separately. (And transfer.)
[Tip: If you fry from the lightest vegetable to the darkest, there’s no need to clean the wok in between!]
18. Finally, fry the marinated meat.
19. To well-boiled glass noodles, add sesame oil and mix well please.
20. Add additional say sauce and the other vegetables and mix well.
Mouthwatering Japchae is DONE!
But there’s no soup?!
The moment SeoJinnie-hyung thinks – his vision:
꽁치 고추장찌개 (Pacific Saury Gochujang Stew):
- Canned Pacific Saury
- Minced garlic
- Pre-peeled potatoes
- Green onions (대파)
- Boil pre-peeled potatoes, onions, green onions.
2. Add 1 big spoonful of Gochujang.
3.Add the main ingredient, pacific saury ^-^
4. Lastly, add minced garlic and DONE!
Like this, a complete dinner is done!
A plentiful/generous/abundant dinner’s image:
<“Today is SeoJin-hyung’s Birthday???”>