Missing from Deukryang Island, leaving behind just a memo – the 3 brothers…!
Abandoning the production and wanting to succeed at escaping Deukryang Island but…
They didn’t plan properly and didn’t bring money.
So the 3 brothers who return to the Three Meals House to make dinner quietly…
What’s tonight’s dinner’s Menu?
- Prepare 2 big spoonfuls of Gochuhjang.
- Add salty soy sauce please.
- Add lots of mashed garlic too.
- Add sugar generously.
- After mixing once, add coking wine for a memorable taste.
- For a sweeter taste, add corn syrup.
- For spiciness, add red chili pepper powder.
- Add a little pepper too.
- After adding sesame oil, mix it once more.
- Lastly, if you add Eric’s ginger powder, dalkgalbi marinade is done!
Preparing Dalkgalbi Ingredients:
- Put the chicken meat in a plastic bag.
- Add the marinade just made.
- Until the chicken is coated well with the marinade, squish it.
- Soak the ddeok (rice cake) in water beforehand to prepare.
- Cut sweet potatoes and carrots in appropriate sizes please.
- Cut the young cabbage leaves in appropriate sizes too.
- The onions too, slice them long.
- Stack the perilla leaves and cut them with scissors.
- Cook the ramen, but leave them hard.
[E-cipie: Because the ramyeon noodles will have to continue being cooked in the Dalkgalbi, leave them hard.]
10. Wash the ramyeon in cold water to make them tight.
End of preparing the Dalkgalbi!
Making of pickled radish
(that goes with Fried Chicken) [Literally: Chicken Radish]
- Cut the radish into bite-sized pieces.
- Top a rice bowl with sugar.
- Top a rice bowl with vinegar too. (use a different rice bowl)
- Prepare water in a rice bowl to, in 1:1:1 ratio to the above ingredients.
- Put them all in a pot with the radish.
- Put it over fire until the solution comes to a boil.
- For taste, add carbonated water.
- Once the solution comes to a boil, remove the pot from fire and cover with a lid, leaving a slight gap.
[E-cipe: Cutting the fire the moment the solution comes to a boil allowed for the taste to penetrate the radish while leaving it crunchy.]
If while eating Fried Chicken you find that you don’t have enough radish, make it like this and enjoy!
Genuine Dalkgalbi Recipe:
- Add the marinated chicken to a heated wok.
- Add the carrots and sweet potatoes too.
- Once in a while, in order to prevent it from burning, mix it up and add some water.
[E-cipe: Whether it’s sweet potatoes or carrots, since they take a long time to cook, adding water from time to time prevents it from burning.]
4. Once it’s somewhat cooked, add the cabbage and onions and stir-fry until they wilt.
5. Add the soaked rice cakes and the ramyeon too.
6. Finally, for a more fragrant flavour, add the perilla leaves.
DALKGALBI IS DONE!
Something’s such a pity? This is not the end!
This kind of dish needs fried rice!
- Cut the remaining chicken and vegetables roughly.
- The savory laver that cannot be left out of fried rice – cut it and add it too.
- Add sesame oil.
- Until the marinade permeates the rice, stir fry.
- Add sesame oil once more.
- Add salt to taste.
- Finally, sprinkle cheese over it.
Fried rice with a hint of Italian flavours is done!
The recipe for an irresistible Dalkgalbi!
Eric’s recipe that you just want to follow and eat!
Next week too, wait for it~